Friday, March 8, 2013

Why I Read


I read because I like the feeling of finishing a long book, and the sense that someone thought of all that really amazes me sometimes. For example the Harry Potter books, it’s crazy how someone really thought of all that. Also it is something different than playing video games or watching TV. So you feel more productive after you do something like that. And you start to find a few authors that you like so you always read their new books. For me I really like Dean Koontz, Joe Hill (Stephen King’s son) and Stephen King. They write about the same stuff sort of. But I don’t get bored with any of them. Also it passes the time, so like on vacation in the car I can usually knock out a 300-400 page book-if we are going to Florida.  Reading also helps you with your own writing, as you can tell a lot of stories in books and movies are very similar, and that’s because they all borrow each other’s ideas. So that’s what reading can help you do. Then your stories won’t be as bland and they will be more official, and creative. So those are the main reasons why I enjoy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment